Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wednesday, March 2, 2011
To Dry Or Not to Dry

This is the big question in my family at the moment. Drying dishes. Simple enough task but oh the cause of so much discussion in my household as of late.

I am of the opinion that drying the dishes is a total waste of perfectly good time and energy that can be spent on something(s) so much more important or fun. The dishes can't wash themselves, so you gotta wash them. But they can surely dry themsleves if you just leave them there, so why shouldn't you? bracket:we do have a dishwasher, but here we talk about some oversized pots and pans or casserole dishes or delicate ones which can't go in the machine:end bracket.

Now, my husband is of the opinion that we should most definitely dry the dishes after we've washed them. His reasoning: that way they don't sit there in a huge pile beside the sink being a thorn in the eye and there's no water spots (true, we do have very hard water up here).

So now we've had this debate for a couple of weeks and frankly, I'm getting tired of it. Hope my husband is too.

1 comment:

Svetlana said...

Update on this post: The debate is still going on ... sigh.