Thursday, August 11, 2011

"All (little) Eyes On Me, In The Center of the Rink (Uh, I mean shower), Just Like A Circus" ... Uh huh!

Pop Quiz: How do you shower while you're being watched by two curious two-year-olds?
Answer: Very fast!

Yesterday morning I jump in the shower, just like any morning. About two minutes into it, as I'm humming along, the bathroom door swings open and two two-year-olds rush in, splat their faces on the shower door and yell: Whatcha doin'? Whatcha doin'?

For the love of God and all that is holy!!!

Any normal person with half a brain in their scull would have locked the door of the bathroom as they go in to have a shower knowing their son and his little girlfriend are playing around in the house. I, however, posess no gray matter and therefore forgot to do that. Yes, I was lucky, one of my observers was my son and the other, a girl. Yes, I realize it could have been worse - they could have been twelve with an iPhone in hand and access to the internet. But STILL! Imagine trying to shower with two little flat noses against the shower door and four little curious eyes staring at you. What the hell were we thinking when we bought a glass shower door anyway? No, not tinted glass. No, not frosted glass either. Just plain, seethrough glass. Well I'll tell you what we were NOT thinking. We were surely not thinking that about three years into the future we'll have a son and he'll have a friend and one day Momma's gonna forget to lock the bathroom door when she went in to have a shower.

"Whatcha doin' now?"
"Well, now I'm lathering up with the shower gel, making lots of bubbles..see the bubbles? See?"
"And now? Whatcha doin' now?"
"Well, now I'm shaving my leggs."
"And whatcha doin' now?"
"For crying in the sink, don't you kids have anything more interesting to do out there???!!!"
"No."

I tell ya, I shall never forget to lock the darn door ever again! Even when I'm all alone in the house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

Svetlana said...

lol, well, i'm glad you like it. it's nothing special on here really, just life and the intersting situations it sometimes throws at you...