Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Old McDonald Had A Farm...And It Ruined His Social Life

Howdy! If you have the time to be reading this, that means you're not a true Farmville person, or not one at all.

Farmville. The new craze on Facebook. Millions of people are playing and have become addicted to it. I am/was one of them. Am, because I still play. Was, because I don't let it take over my life anymore.

You could ask, how, with having a small baby, was I able to keep up with it? Well, that's exactly the point. I had no time, yet I still played feverishly. Which meant, I was neglecting my house work, and .. NO, NOT MY BABY, HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT, and myself. So, my house work and myself. My life was, baby and Farmville. And that's all. Sad, no? I tried to get as much ahead as possible, jump from level to level, expand, and get medal after medal.

A friend of mine began playing much later than me and soon after that had already passed me. That with me trying all kinds of things to get points and stay ahead of him. Didn't work. But it made me sit back, take a deep breath and think about what I was doing ... or not doing for that matter. I realized what I'd been missing. Instead of reading a good book, or watching a good film while my son slept, I was clicking away on the computer and at the end had nothing to show for it. Oh, I had tons - a huge farm with a huge cabbin, tons of trees, crops, animals, lots of money. But was that all real? No. It was and is just a game. A game. Not my life.

So after my eyes had been opened and my addiction cured, I now just play the game. Whenever I feel like and and have the time. And now, it's actually fun!

Yeeeehaaaa!

1 comment:

Svetlana said...

Update on that post: I don't play Farmville any longer. Just lost its attractivity to me. If you don't plant and havest crops, build stuff, sell stuff, etc, it gets kind of boring. I've deleted the app from my account. I now play Family Feud, Lexulous, and Majong. And there's no quitting those. You can play whenever you want, nothing wilts, and you gotta use your brain/hand-eye coordination. Great!