Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Told you I won't stay silent for too long.....

Here are a couple of facts I've learned in the past couple of days about which I would like to voice my opinion. Now, keep in mind that this is solely my personal opinion (says in my profile description that I'm opinionated) and does not reflect that of Blogger or anyone else.

That said, here we go:



1. "Jessica Simpson goes country."

Great! About time too. She sure has the dumbness level required and necessary for it. Not dissing country music here or anything, but I mean, who sings about comparing people to property or guys who are most likely too drunk to take off their boots at the door so they have to leave them under the bed where they'd stink up the bedroom just lovely. Mind you, it must be trendy or something to compare people to objects because other 'artists' (although I use the word unwillingly) in other ganres of music are doing it too. Like, "If you were a sail boat, I will sail you to the shore. If you were a piece of wood, I'd nail you to the floor." If I was a piece of wood, I wouldn't give a damn what you do with me because I wouldn't have any feelings! God help us! And God bless DJ Tiesto and other geniuses who provide us with a much needed breath of fresh air!

**********************************************************************************





2. "A top golfer earns more than a top Formula 1 driver."

Don't understand that. Just don't. Let's see, a top golfer can hit a tiny ball with a stick into a tiny hole. Yeah, not everyone can do that, I agree. A top Formula 1 driver can take a sharp corner while going 260 km/hr and being crushed under heavy G-force, oh, and all that while trying to excersise a clean pass of the driver ahead of him and/or trying to avoid being overtaken himslef.

Quote: " In corners, F1 drivers typically experience sideways forces of 4g, and about 5g on braking. As they accelerate out of the corners, they'll feel a 1.5-2g pull. "It's extremely exhausting," says John Nixon of the motorsport group at Cranfield University." ....

"Few F1 drivers will experience a worse pummelling by g-forces than at Becketts at Silverstone, where a rapid series of corners pulls 4g one way, then the other, then back again. "It's a real battering," says Nixon"....

"The effect of dealing with such high g-forces is noticeable in drivers. "If you compare an early picture of David Coulthard with how he looks now, his neck and the muscles on his jawline look very different," says Nixon. To exercise his neck muscles, former F1 driver Damon Hill fashioned a Heath Robinson-style system of ropes, pulleys and weights to pull sideways on his helmet-clad head."

Awhhhh, did you get an itsy bitsy tiny grass stain on your polo shirt??? My, that's the price you have to pay for being a top golfer.

Enough said.

References: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/mar/03/thisweekssciencequestions4

No comments: