Wednesday, July 2, 2008



So we're back. Have been for a week and a half actually. But life grabbed us by the you know what right from the start and I haven't had the chance to come on here until today. I'm working a lot more now. First, I increased my work load by one day from three to four days a week, and second, I'm working my holidays off since I had used them all up for this year before we even headed on to Canada. And since I can't afford to be unpaid for three weeks this month, I am working away.

I miss everyone back home, but it sure feels great to be back in the land of all good things, Cow and Snow Country. Well, there's no snow at the moment, at least not where we are, although there are still places up in the high Alps where the snow never, ever disappears. But plenty of cows though. Farming season is well under way and the farmers are busy milking, cutting grass for hay, and making cheese. Often times the air smells of cow manure, but it's a thing one gets used to when one lives in the mountain farm land. My parents-in-law are included in these activities. They're stationed up high in the Alps at the moment with their cows. And they're busy making cheese for the year. We paid them a visit this past weekend and we had a great time up there. Got to relax, rejuvenate, and recharge our batteries.

But summer season is also construction season. The government's project to make our village a car-free village has begun this summer. They're digging a tunnel which will bypass our village and send traffic around and away from us. The project is estimated to be completed sometime in the first quarter of 2009.

There is construction going on along the railway tracks as well, which is causing some delays in the otherwise impeccable Swiss Train System. They pride themselves on their regular schedule so much. I mean, you can set your watch by it. They've posted all kinds of signs up at all the train stations letting people know about the delays and apologising for it, but that wasn't enough. They have now taken it upon themselves to serve free croissants and juice on the morning trains as compensations for the delays. I get free breakfast almost daily :)

Definitely good to be back.

1 comment:

Yesha said...

hey. welcome back! just take it easy with your work/loads. =]