Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Advent Wreath Switch-A-Roo!



What's wrong with this picture? Look closely. This is our Christmas Advent wreath. Two of the candles have already been lit, of course, since last Sunday was Second Advent. But notice something odd? You may not, because to an unaware set of eyes, it all looks perfectly fine. But i know different!


My husband and I were in the store looking at Christmas Advent wreaths. They had a few different kinds. They were all made of real, live pine branches but the difference was in the pine cones, bows and candles. Only one wreath had natural pine cones while all the others had their pine cones sprayed with either silver or gold sparkles. My husband wanted the natural pine cone wreath, of course, but I didn't like the colour of the candles. They were orange. I wanted red candles. So, we had a slight problem? Not really.



My "handy" husband had a "brilliant" idea. He first checked to see if the candles were really stuck on the wreath or if you could pull them off. You could pull them off. Next, he pulled all the orange candles off the natural pine cone wreath and replaced them with red candles from another wreath while putting the orange ones on the other one. Right there in the store! I wasn't aware Swiss people did this sort of thing! I'm very much afraid my North American lifestyle is rubbing off on him!


So now, he's got his natural pine cones and I've got my red candles, and who cares the orange/gold rimmed ribbon does not match!

No comments: