Friday, September 28, 2007

Diary Of An Astronaut

by Lana von Siebenthal and insipired by the best astronaut ever, you know who you are!! thanks!!


It's getting kind of cold up here
More time goes by, another year
I seem to have misplaced my crew
And this is not my dream come true

I dreamed of this as a little boy
I went to bed with my rocket toy
My wife cried when i got the call
But i stood there, proud and tall

They said i'd make it if i'm strong
But how could this have gone so wrong
And what difference does it make
Who's to blame for what mistake

And then the years kind of flew
How are you darling? How is Drew?
Is he being a good boy?
Does he like his rocket toy?

The hell with researching this crap
A black hole's just a fucking trap
I seem to have misplaced my map
And Huston, you're braking up

Am i scared? No. From what?
I've just used up my last shot
But what kills me is the quiet
And i'm getting pretty tired

My vision's getting kind of blurry
Please tell Janie not to worry
Tell her she was always right
'Bout what she'd say when we would fight

I think there's something with me here
But then, my head is not too clear
This space has swallowed me alive
I'm sorry Janie. Love you. Bye.

No comments: